Piles of Glittering [Dust]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A guild wars forum for people who don't give a %#$^ anymore.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Member Requirements (Please read)

Go down 
+5
end
Bellatrixa
Eleman
Obby
Scythe
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Scythe

Scythe

Member Requirements (Please read) Empty
PostSubject: Member Requirements (Please read)   Member Requirements (Please read) EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 4:45 am

Below is a short list of basic requirements we expect from applicants to [Dust]. We recquire XXXXX of these requirements to be met before your application will be seriously considered for approval. What follows these requirements is a list of questions to copy and paste as your application form, with your answers for each, in a new topic under this thread. Thank you and i hope your application goes well Very Happy

Quote :
General Member Requirements:

1. General experience of the three main SC areas (i.e. DoA, UW, FoW) thius includes the map layout, general understanding of the quests in each zone, and a basic understanding of each roles specific jobs but not necessarily the ability to run each role.
  2. Three main SC character proffesions who have completed all the campaigns (including EOTN) necessary to do the main SC's and also to have signifigantly high PvE ranks on each character i.e. r5+
  3. Members must be able to preform a minimum of three roles in 2 of the 3 major SC areas. (E.G. FoWSC- MT, T2 and Esurge and UWSC- Emo, LT and Spiker) [Exceptions may be made. E.G. if an applicant can run 1 or 2 roles in UWSC but is able to run all the roles in a FoWSC they still stand a good chance.]
  4. The ability to preform a single terra role in either FoWSC or UWSC is a necessity!
  5. Members should have access and be willing to download and use Ventrilo and own a microphone (Great quality mic is not necessary but we need to be able to hear you).
  6. There is a minimum age requirement of 17 years to join [Dust]. Special exceptions will be made to those who can prove themselves mature enough to permit one.
  7. A willingness to be an active member in the community and to help it progress by: signing up to this guild forum and frequently checking it for updates as well as actively posting in it yourselves. The use of ventrilo not only for SC's but also for general discussion with other members. Being online frequently and being actively involved in the in game community.

guys, this is a preliminary set of requirements. Add to them yourselves before we agree whats the final print Very Happy

Last edited by Scythe on Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Obby

PostSubject: Re: Member Requirements (Please read)   Member Requirements (Please read) EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 1:34 pm

you must be a women with big boobies
Back to top Go down
Eleman

Eleman

PostSubject: Re: Member Requirements (Please read)   Member Requirements (Please read) EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 5:35 pm

I agree completely with Obby.
Back to top Go down
Bellatrixa

Bellatrixa

PostSubject: Re: Member Requirements (Please read)   Member Requirements (Please read) EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:14 pm

I think it's been brought up before about the roles requirement but I'll give it from my perspective. By asking for minimum 3 roles in 2 areas, you're going to be limiting yourself quite a lot to people who have quit other high end guilds imo.

Gonna use myself as an example here:

Necro: Exp at FoWSC, done tway once
Monk: Has UAed FoWSC a couple of times, is terribad though
Rit: Can SoS in Mesway/manly FoWSC, not done UW
Ele: Has EMoed YUMways a couple of times
Sin: Has all the builds for FoWSC but has never actually done anything there as a sin, absolutely no UWSC experience on that character
Mesmer: Has DoASCed in 3/4 mesmer roles in Mes spike, has done FoWSC Mesway

You see my point? I'd say if they have the characters at the appropriate areas and are willing to learn the roles, then that's a fair enough deal (so we'd be saying more like experience in one area on 1-2 roles, but must have 1-2 more characters there). I'm actually dreading learning terra roles on my sin in case I'm so terribad QQ

But yeah, even if things went tits up in PINT, I'd never fit the requirements as I'm a completely inexperienced terra in every area (though I can farm vaettirs just fine on my Mesmer...) XD

Just my two cents anyway -runs-
Back to top Go down
Scythe

Scythe

PostSubject: Re: Member Requirements (Please read)   Member Requirements (Please read) EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:37 pm

the problem with that is that if we lower these requirements were going to end up with badically the same standards as ectos had. Which would then lead me to think that what would be the point of leaving ya ken?

We're moving to a guild which is SC based, not one which does SC's part time. Guildwars has been out for 6 years now and if an SC based player cannot preform three roles in UW and FoW they probably arent that SC based ><

of course we are willing to teach and learn from our members but i for one am not willing to recruit every member with the intent of having to teach them to raise them to our standards ><
Back to top Go down
end

PostSubject: Re: Member Requirements (Please read)   Member Requirements (Please read) EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:42 pm

Scythe wrote:
the problem with that is that if we lower these requirements were going to end up with badically the same standards as ectos had. Which would then lead me to think that what would be the point of leaving ya ken?

We're moving to a guild which is SC based, not one which does SC's part time. Guildwars has been out for 6 years now and if an SC based player cannot preform three roles in UW and FoW they probably arent that SC based ><

of course we are willing to teach and learn from our members but i for one am not willing to recruit every member with the intent of having to teach them to raise them to our standards ><

<had basically no SC exp in january when I apped to ectos. look at meh now
Back to top Go down
Scythe

Scythe

PostSubject: Re: Member Requirements (Please read)   Member Requirements (Please read) EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:44 pm

the requirements i know are only another roles more demanding than Ectos and i personnaly don't feel this to be too much. It is mainly to signify our direction being more towards SC for full time rather than part time. And i know players can beocme really good with time and effort but that is the odd case IMO and i would rather just have people who have a good to great understanding already
Back to top Go down
Bellatrixa

Bellatrixa

PostSubject: Re: Member Requirements (Please read)   Member Requirements (Please read) EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Well, the thing is I know quite a few exceptions in that case. End cited himself, I cited myself and I could name quite a few others. Generally speaking they start off with a couple of the less demanding roles. I mean, my Mesmer did nothing for SCs until I joined YUM alliance and found they were teaching DoASC. My sin is my least active character because I simply didn't want to throw myself into the expense of permaing until I'd learned more about the areas through other roles and was able to afford to kit her out properly (speaking of which, I haven't bought a thing for her other than armour), which was funded via SC.

The difference with Ectos requirements was that I don't believe anyone had to have any SC experience in any area, let alone one character in each area. I'd say having a sin that's completed EotN and has access to ToA is a fair enough requirement for that profession if you go down that route.

Also, number of characters I have that have access to DoA? Two: Necro and Mesmer Razz My Ele will probably get there before my sin depending on how I feel and even then, I'm not going to be overjoyed at how many people I know are going to bug me to EMo in DoA for them because I know so few people who actually have Eles there. So what happens when you have say 30 people in your guild, 27 of em have sins and mesmers at DoA and only 3 have a monk and ele there?

I'm just saying that in the interests of being able to fulfil all roles in SCs, it might be worthwhile being a tad less rigid with requirements, not to mention the fact that people can be taught. Depends on the person is all Smile
Back to top Go down
Scythe

Scythe

PostSubject: Re: Member Requirements (Please read)   Member Requirements (Please read) EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 8:10 pm

i understand what your saying im still just saying we need more rigid requirements because we are a more rigid guild. to be honest if someone came to me and said they could 100b in FoW and emo in UW but thats it... i'd say go PuG then reapply... if someone doesnt have a sin that can do anything i don't want them here.

It's a waste of time looking for the odd person who will excell when we could get a base of people who know enough right from the start, there must be enough if not plenty of people looking for guilds who meet these standards.
Back to top Go down
Blood
Admin
Blood

PostSubject: Re: Member Requirements (Please read)   Member Requirements (Please read) EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 9:06 pm

Well, in all honesty I think these are more so the expectations and the
caliber of members in which we are look for rather than *puts on angry
face* "NO you can't join if you do not meet these requirements."

I mean if a person can run like everything on the main team in FoWSC and UWSC and they are working on a sin I would say yes we should take them. Although I do think we will put trials on all of our new members that way we can see if not only have the skill they claim but fit in amongst our guild and peoples. If they can tolerate our mild trolling and if they are able to run with us and run some of the builds that we choose to run should that happen in the future.

I do not think the requirements/expectations are too strict or strong since that is what we are wanting or looking for from our members in total. I do see what you are saying though Bella, but of course there are exceptions or will be exceptions. But I think trials to accompany a higher tier with higher requirements are good/okay. Not to mention these are still not set in stone.
Back to top Go down
https://dust-guild.forumotion.com
Scythe

Scythe

PostSubject: Re: Member Requirements (Please read)   Member Requirements (Please read) EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 9:07 pm

something about a SC-er who doesnt have a sin troubles me deeply...
Back to top Go down
kaizo

PostSubject: Re: Member Requirements (Please read)   Member Requirements (Please read) EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:07 am

I actually disagree, there were quite a few people in DL who didn't have sins, and were amazing at ele/ranger terra, and did everything else
Back to top Go down
ibbo

PostSubject: Re: Member Requirements (Please read)   Member Requirements (Please read) EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:20 am

Blood wrote:
Well, in all honesty I think these are more so the expectations and the
caliber of members in which we are look for rather than *puts on angry
face* "NO you can't join if you do not meet these requirements."

I mean if a person can run like everything on the main team in FoWSC and UWSC and they are working on a sin I would say yes we should take them. Although I do think we will put trials on all of our new members that way we can see if not only have the skill they claim but fit in amongst our guild and peoples. If they can tolerate our mild trolling and if they are able to run with us and run some of the builds that we choose to run should that happen in the future.

I do not think the requirements/expectations are too strict or strong since that is what we are wanting or looking for from our members in total. I do see what you are saying though Bella, but of course there are exceptions or will be exceptions. But I think trials to accompany a higher tier with higher requirements are good/okay. Not to mention these are still not set in stone.

ME BLOOD, ME RAGE, ME SMASH APPLICATION!!!

not nice is it some times Wink x
Back to top Go down
Khari

Khari

PostSubject: Re: Member Requirements (Please read)   Member Requirements (Please read) EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:15 pm

Obby wrote:

Yay, a requirement I can meet!
Back to top Go down
Scythe

Scythe

PostSubject: Re: Member Requirements (Please read)   Member Requirements (Please read) EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:23 pm

Khari wrote:
Obby wrote:

there is a subclause of [Pics or gtfo]
Back to top Go down
Khari

Khari

PostSubject: Re: Member Requirements (Please read)   Member Requirements (Please read) EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:25 am

Scythe wrote:
Khari wrote:
Obby wrote:

there is a subclause of [Pics or gtfo]

You'll have to argue with Mike & Niko about that one - they both think they own them.

But the bra size converter I found online tells me I'm a '34F' in US sizing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Member Requirements (Please read)   Member Requirements (Please read) Empty

Back to top Go down

Member Requirements (Please read)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Piles of Glittering [Dust] :: Recruitment Chamber :: Dust Applicants-
Jump to: